MUNAM e.V. – an Association from Students for Students.
„No one is born a good citizen; no nation is born a democracy.
Rather both are processes, that continue to evolve over a lifetime.
Young people must be included from birth.
A society that cuts off from its youth severs its lifeline“
The purpose of MUN conferences is to convey a clearer understanding of the operating processes of the United Nations to curious and dedicated students. In order to achieve this aim, diplomatic negotiations are simulated by many students, representing member states of the UN. Model United Nations Association Munich e.V. (MUNAM) has set its work on reaching the goal of making national, as well as international Model United Nations conferences accessible to highly qualified and enthusiastic students of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich.
We enable students from all different fields of studies to deepen their knowledge regarding the ways diplomatic relations work in the UN and to learn about goals and prospects of the UN and its various bodies. In this process students will gain hands-on experience in the fields of strategic negotiations, procedural rules and intercultural communication.
Therefore we offer ideational as well as financial support to our delegates. Furthermore we cooperate and support associations and working groups who organize the participation of students in MUN conferences.
- 2013 the LMU delegation participated in the Harvard WorldMUN 2013, which took place from 18 – 22 July in Melbourne/Australia.
- As of July 2013 alumni will prepare the delegates for the Harvard WorldMUN 2014. The LMU Delegation is based on cooperation between MUNAM e.V. and the Geschwister – Scholl – Institut for political science of the LMU Munich.
- A working group of MUNAM organizes in cooperation with MUNTUM the annual Isar Model United Nations, which takes place every December in Munich. Further information is available at www.isarmun.org/.
Some of the many tasks of Model United Nations Associations Munich are:
- Coordinating and conducting fundraising activities in order to offer financial support to the delegation.
- Supporting the delegation during their time of preparation through a comprehensive seminar and several workshops training the delegates’ rhetorical skills and sensitizing their intercultural reception.
- Attending regional and national MUN conferences such as IsarMUN and MainMUN.